Algae ID

Braedo_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some sort of Brown stringy algae in my tank with small bubbles. Any idea what this is? Dino? Tank is well over 1 year old.

Phosphate 0.02
Nitrate 1.6ppm

IMG_5562.jpeg IMG_5561.jpeg

RainbowManatee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently got a new RODI 5 stage from BRS.. thats the only thing that has changed.

They might be dinos with your nutrients being pretty low and those air bubbles. It's funny, I am having a similar issue with algal blooms in my tank after buying a 4-stage from BRS. I think I'm dealing with diatoms because they appear within hours of doing a water change so I think my issue is with silicates not being completely removed. Here's a link to the thread I just posted.

Maybe BRS is seeding their RO/DI systems with nuisance algae as sick joke???

OP
OP
Braedo_Reef

Braedo_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They might be dinos with your nutrients being pretty low and those air bubbles. It's funny, I am having a similar issue with algal blooms in my tank after buying a 4-stage from BRS. I think I'm dealing with diatoms because they appear within hours of doing a water change so I think my issue is with silicates not being completely removed. Here's a link to the thread I just posted.

Maybe BRS is seeding their RO/DI systems with nuisance algae as sick joke???
Haha can you imagine that… Seed their RO/DI with nuisance algae or extra particles to increase algae to customers buy even more filtration products. Will check our your thread.

PharmrJohn

Picking Up My Trumpet Again After 35 Years!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Judging from the description it sounds like Dinos to me but it would help to see it under white light. Also, do they disappear at night only to reappear when the lights come on?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back