Algae id

  • Thread starter Thread starter TylerJaid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TylerJaid

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2024
Messages
193
Reaction score
91
Location
williston
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone out there I have been doing some research and thought you all may know better than what I am finding on a algae problem in my 4 month old tank, two months with animals and two months without, I'll upload a few picture to see if I can get help maybe identifying the different or single type of algae that I have! I think it's that but also there is some that is white and or fading and some in the sand that's more of red or brown! Thanks everyone in advance!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
Looks like normal GHA on the rocks. Red stuff on sand could be cyano. You will experience a variety of ugly phases throughout the first year so get your hands wet
 
Looks like normal GHA on the rocks. Red stuff on sand could be cyano. You will experience a variety of ugly phases throughout the first year so get your hands wet
I have been pulling it off whenever I put my hands in the tank, I just got my clean up crew in last week as well, also does the white/clear ish stuff in the second picture look like it may be dying gha? Or is that something different?? Thanks a lot!
 
Looks like green hair algae to me as well
 
I have been pulling it off whenever I put my hands in the tank, I just got my clean up crew in last week as well, also does the white/clear ish stuff in the second picture look like it may be dying gha? Or is that something different?? Thanks a lot!
Could be but GHA is usually with you month 4 through 8. If conditions are right then GHA will be replaced by coralline.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new