Algae identification

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2022
Messages
3,257
Reaction score
5,509
Location
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers

I am looking for a definite answer on what kind of algae I am dealing with here on attached photos (Q: Is it green cyano?).

It started appearing about a week ago; slightly more every day. If anyone have any suggestions on how to battle this, i'd be all ears.

The tank is 5 months old and has, for the most parts been lucky avoiding 'the uglies' apart from a bit of cyano.

I am battling elevated phosphate currently using 60g GFO/4 days + 0.2 ml of Elimi-NP (Tropic Marin) , so I gather it might have something to do with that.

Tank parameters:
Phosphate - 0.42 PPM :anguished-face: (Hanna ULR)
pH - 8.2 (API)
Nitrate - 5 ppm (API)
Salinity 1.025 SG (Milwaukee)
Alkalinity - 7.9 (Hanna)
Calcium - 400 (Red Sea)
Magnesium - 1360 (Red Sea)

Thank you,

IMG_7857.jpg
IMG_7855.jpg
IMG_7854.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new