Algae in dosing lines for KHD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else notice red or green algae in the dosing lines used with the KH director?

I'm guessing it's going to eventually cause a problem - curious if others have had to address this issue.

Tomplatz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else notice red or green algae in the dosing lines used with the KH director?

I'm guessing it's going to eventually cause a problem - curious if others have had to address this issue.
I soak mine in vinegar and rinse in RO. Also helps the flow through of sample water.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed some staining in the tubes connecting the KHD with the doser. A pink staining in the sample water connection and a dark staining in the waste water connection. I believe it is bacteria.

I guess that indicates those lines should be replaced. Mine have been in use for more than a year.

OP
OP
lmm1967

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed some staining in the tubes connecting the KHD with the doser. A pink staining in the sample water connection and a dark staining in the waste water connection. I believe it is bacteria.

I guess that indicates those lines should be replaced. Mine have been in use for more than a year.

That's it - mine has only been in use on it's current location / tank for about 45 days.

The filter they provide has the same problem.

So - it seems this needs to be in a dark place, but not under a tank or any water source where it could possibly get any water on or in it.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's it - mine has only been in use on it's current location / tank for about 45 days.

The filter they provide has the same problem.

So - it seems this needs to be in a dark place, but not under a tank or any water source where it could possibly get any water on or in it.

A few weeks ago I moved the doser and KHD to the cabinet by my sump. It's a dark area so once I replace the tubes I'll check whether they get something growing in the lines or not

Back