Algae on glass

Dan321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. My tank has been up and running now for a couple of years but I have noticed recently that there seems to me more algae on the glass (brown), I find I am cleaning it more than normal.Can anyone advice me on this. Many thanks

Osaurus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have there been any changes recently (feeding habits, new livestock, lighting, etc.)? I'm assuming it's just some excess nutrients in your tank.

OP
OP
D

Dan321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been struggle with my light setting over the past month, I run 2x Ai prime hd and was running a program that was recommended to me a while ago, but about 5months ago I started to get brown hair algae so changed the setting. It dint help the algae (a sea hair done that). I still now don’t think my light settings are best they could be.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your sea hare eliminated your other algae issue, its possible you have more nurients in your water and this gave the brown glass algae a chance to grow.

OP
OP
D

Dan321

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
al tested ok last week apart from kh/ph had to be dosed a little. I get new test kit tomorrow so am think maybe I should be testing every couple of days for a bit to see if it fluctuates..

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s probably raised nutrients as per @lapin above, in particular phosphate levels,

I use rhowaphos and when it’s ready for changing, and if I’m slightly late doing it, the tank glass starts to look dirty as you have said. A good target is 0.03ppm for phosphate

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back