Algae on SPS

hyeclass

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2019
Messages
846
Reaction score
215
Location
Woodland Hills
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My sps got bleached and there is a algae on the bleach

What should I do?

6598B988-D824-40EF-881D-42D8566929D6.jpeg
 
Thank you unfortunately got bleach due to sand boom

image.jpg image.jpg
 
Is this a bubble algae

65ABE6C6-FB42-40E8-916B-F3956589A543.jpeg
Hard to tell from the photo, but gut reaction says no. Bubble algae looks like clumps of green bubbles. If that's what you have on the coral, then yes.
I would cut the coral, remove the affected areas and re-mount if it were me
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new