Algae reactor pump

  • Thread starter Thread starter tyronbes
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

tyronbes

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2022
Messages
20
Reaction score
44
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently took the pump i had been using for my algae reactor and carbon reactor, it technically a 1060gph pump off amazon, same one I use in my mixing station and in my 55 for a return pump, I had been using it on its lowest setting for the diy algae reactor and carbon reactor. So I need to try find a suitable replacement. I liked that pump because its DC and allowed me to adjust the flowx but with ball valves I should be able to accomplish the same thing. What pumps would you all recommend that wont break the bank? I have a couple of ac pond/fountain pumps ranging from 250gph to 600gph laying around here somewhere that I could use, only issue with them is they arent marine rated, so it would have a life expectancy I would believe. I've looked at a couple of different jebao options that range between 50 and 100$, ideally I'd like to stay towards the 50$ mark but could go up a little more than that. Ideas? Thoughts? Comments/ concerns?
 
So I recently took the pump i had been using for my algae reactor and carbon reactor, it technically a 1060gph pump off amazon, same one I use in my mixing station and in my 55 for a return pump, I had been using it on its lowest setting for the diy algae reactor and carbon reactor. So I need to try find a suitable replacement. I liked that pump because its DC and allowed me to adjust the flowx but with ball valves I should be able to accomplish the same thing. What pumps would you all recommend that wont break the bank? I have a couple of ac pond/fountain pumps ranging from 250gph to 600gph laying around here somewhere that I could use, only issue with them is they arent marine rated, so it would have a life expectancy I would believe. I've looked at a couple of different jebao options that range between 50 and 100$, ideally I'd like to stay towards the 50$ mark but could go up a little more than that. Ideas? Thoughts? Comments/ concerns?
Larger pump will work less for pressure needs and water delivery
Take a look also at SICCE which is on holiday ssles lists
 
Larger pump will work less for pressure needs and water delivery
Take a look also at SICCE which is on holiday ssles lists
Anything Sicce makes that's near the price range he's asking for is significantly lower quality than Jebao, and very loud.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new