Algae scrapper question

Sexytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Is a algae scrapper like this one safe for a 36g bowfront. Atm I use a debit card to scrape it but I’m wanting to keep hands out as much as possible. May have to save and get a good magnet
8F8E9B28-306B-4FBB-AC6D-79D01AF16676.png

Mega Meltdown After Sale

ndrwater

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
They work, but not as well as something you can get more leverage with.. like an old credit card...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
They work, but not as well as something you can get more leverage with.. like an old credit card...
Best would be flipper magnet or tunze magnet cleaner.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have used a number of different scrapers over the years. IMHO, the best, hands down, is the Flipper. Because it has a dry side and a wet side like other magnetic scrapers, your hand goes nowhere near the water. What I really like about it is that, true to it's name, it can be flipped over while in the tank to use either the soft side for normal light algae buildup or the stainless blade for the tougher stuff. As a bonus, the blade, although it last a very long time, is easily replaceable. I've had my flipper for several years and have only replaced the blade once.

Auquanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I love my Flipper. With one of those long handled scrapers, it might be hard to effectively clean the curve of the bowfront. You really need to go side to side in the curved areas. Just a thought.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
I really like my Flipper too but there are those spots where I need a scraper I can really put some pressure on. I'm looking for something like one of those posted.

dugthefish

View Badges
Reaction score
+1 for flipper. As an aside, what works best for cleaning the corner silicone besides a toothbrush?

Mega Meltdown After Sale

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
+1 for flipper. As an aside, what works best for cleaning the corner silicone besides a toothbrush?
Magic eraser sponge (original- not scented’)

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
I have the exact one you posted and use it for my half round tank. My flipper sometimes doesn’t do the best in some areas of the curved glass. The one you posted I have been using for 2 years and is great.

How do you feel about the flow in your tank?

• Pretty close to perfect

Votes: 170 32.2%
  • Not enough flow

Votes: 108 20.5%
  • Too much flow

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 216 40.9%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 12 2.3%

Online statistics

Members online