Algae scrubber screen name

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tangdora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tangdora

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2020
Messages
894
Reaction score
505
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All.

Drawling a blank here. Does anyone recall what the material is named that is used in algea scrubbers (ie the square plastic sheet with tiny square holes. I have a Clareview scrubber cw300 now called adaptive reef. I accidentally ripped my sheet when cleaning. Ideally would like to find the one that’s sized to fit, but I checked the websites and don’t see anything, so now it looks like I just have to buy the material and cut myself, but can’t remember what it’s called.
 
Hi All.

Drawling a blank here. Does anyone recall what the material is named that is used in algea scrubbers (ie the square plastic sheet with tiny square holes. I have a Clareview scrubber cw300 now called adaptive reef. I accidentally ripped my sheet when cleaning. Ideally would like to find the one that’s sized to fit, but I checked the websites and don’t see anything, so now it looks like I just have to buy the material and cut myself, but can’t remember what it’s called.
I use plastic mesh canvas / embroidery plastic mesh canvas from JoAnn or Michael's on the DIY ones I build.
 
Hi All.

Drawling a blank here. Does anyone recall what the material is named that is used in algea scrubbers (ie the square plastic sheet with tiny square holes. I have a Clareview scrubber cw300 now called adaptive reef. I accidentally ripped my sheet when cleaning. Ideally would like to find the one that’s sized to fit, but I checked the websites and don’t see anything, so now it looks like I just have to buy the material and cut myself, but can’t remember what it’s called.
I'd just give them a call. ;)
 
7-point plastic canvas, white, is what we used in 2008. Get a hole saw or wood saw to rough it up real good.

CanvasCompare.jpg

 
Knitting mesh
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new