Algae scurbber

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Has anyone used the Ice Cap Algae Scurbber ?

I was impressed with the unit when I saw it recently at MACNA. I know that there are at least a few people on R2R who have the #IceCap scrubber. Do you have a specific question?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the 24x12x12

That is the large 120w scrubber for tanks up to 350g. How big is your tank? What would you like to know about the that model?

OP
OP
T

Terry DeMott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 but have 40 clown fish and 12 anemones . I have 2.0 pho and nitrates 1.0 will this scrubber take care of my problem

DannyBCorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume a lot of thought was put into it! It looks like a solid algae scrubber! I’m thinking of getting one if I don’t win one in the contest I recently entered.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I've read about is a whole slew of issues. From th pipes being a non typical size(so you can't just run to Lowes and pickup parts), to pipes being glued that should not be, to not being able to easily remove the screen for cleaning.

Of course your mileage may vary, but that is just what I've read about. I personally built my own for about 50$ in parts and a 50$ pump.

CoralVue_Marketing

One minute of patience, ten years of peace.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 but have 40 clown fish and 12 anemones . I have 2.0 pho and nitrates 1.0 will this scrubber take care of my problem

I can't say definitively if it's going to resolve your nutrient issues, but it's definitely going to help big time. Many of our staffers who have added an algae scrubber to their systems talk about it like it's the holy grail and the thing that finally helped bring their nutrients down, in some cases to undetectable levels. I run a small scrubber myself, much smaller than the IceCap units we offer, and it's absolutely made a difference in my tank. The algae growth in my display has slowed considerably as nutrient levels dropped and my pH is more stable. I am not sure what measures you have taken to control your nutrient levels now, but things like chemical filtration or chemical supplements can get pricey when you have to buy them over and over. I don't think you'll find many hobbyists who run a scrubber that are unhappy with the results. It's a good investment.

DannyBCorals

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say definitively if it's going to resolve your nutrient issues, but it's definitely going to help big time. Many of our staffers who have added an algae scrubber to their systems talk about it like it's the holy grail and the thing that finally helped bring their nutrients down, in some cases to undetectable levels. I run a small scrubber myself, much smaller than the IceCap units we offer, and it's absolutely made a difference in my tank. The algae growth in my display has slowed considerably as nutrient levels dropped and my pH is more stable. I am not sure what measures you have taken to control your nutrient levels now, but things like chemical filtration or chemical supplements can get pricey when you have to buy them over and over. I don't think you'll find many hobbyists who run a scrubber that are unhappy with the results. It's a good investment.
What can I do to get one for free :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back