• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Algae Turf Scrubber Alternate

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! The inlet is where I have the quick disconnect (at the union, yes). I didn’t want to have to fight to disconnect at the union when servicing, hence the quick disconnect.

The drains (primary and emergency) I hard plumbed (but I could have soft plumbed too). I didn’t glue those parts, in case I changed my mind, no leaks even with no gluing, holds pretty tight.

The hardest part was finding a place for it to sit. I got it sitting on top of my sump. Took away from my esthetics, but what I get out of it is well worth it!!

5E9A124D-6A54-4F30-82C4-AEB76161B207.jpeg 3FE51828-B621-495B-9E17-149B870847CA.jpeg

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good! Yours looks great. That sump is awesome but agreed the functionality is probably well worth it to sit there. :)

Thanks again for the heads up on this company and the info in here. Can't wait to get mine up and running.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice! I am a huge ATS fan. good to know there is another player in the game.

FYI turbo Rev. 5 is out and he is taking pre orders I am on the list. he was making PPEs so production stopped for a while but I believe he's back at it.
not sure when I will get mine hopping some time in nov. as i want to start the tank with it and under skim.

there are a few features in his ATS that I was willing to pay for. yeah it was around $150 more but I think I am gonna love it. most excited piece of equipment on the new tank..haha

anyway keep us posted its nice to see beautiful scrubbed tanks!

jpgraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Is your sump the 48 or 60? My system is a 240DT, Bashsea-SS-60, RO Regal 250INT. Ready to pull the trigger on one, just doing my research. Would be very happy if it fit as well as yours does.

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Is your sump the 48 or 60? My system is a 240DT, Bashsea-SS-60, RO Regal 250INT. Ready to pull the trigger on one, just doing my research. Would be very happy if it fit as well as yours does.
It’s assume! My sump is the SS60, and I have regal skimmer too!!! The ATS is amazing! I must admit I need to clean it weekly. I negotiated 1 week and it was overrun! Highly recommended this brand / model.

jpgraft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s assume! My sump is the SS60, and I have regal skimmer too!!! The ATS is amazing! I must admit I need to clean it weekly. I negotiated 1 week and it was overrun! Highly recommended this brand / model.
Thank you! You've convinced me. I'll order mine this coming week. It's almost like looking in a mirror when I see your setup! You have great taste!

I have 6 tangs, 3 are +5" plus a big Foxface. I'm always chasing nutrients. Time to try this route.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 125 from algae guyz is pulling a good amount out. Its a great and affordable alternative to some of the bigger names.

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is still crazy impressive. I just need to clean it more often. Cant get mad at it for doing its job!
I’m in the market and found his thread. Was trying to decide on a plumbed (CW) or bubble (SantaMonica). But I like supporting companies like Aquatic Guyz.

Presumably those of you that have them on this thread are still digging them?

OP
OP
dreamcatcherr9

dreamcatcherr9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still running great. Again, beyond my expectations. It was my first (though I bought a Santa Monica, that experience was a joke and to long to discuss now).

I was shocked at the price difference for the same functionality. Great product from a apparently little known company.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dream catcher has had a good xp. Mine sprays water out onto the floor that I've stopped using it several months ago. Fed it with a 300ish gph pump. Mild algae clogging the slotted pvc pipe caused a nice high velocity jet to shoot out onto the floor outside the stand. Im on the waitlist for a turbo scrubber. Will likely put mine up for sale when that time comes. Someone better with diy can maybe modify it to prevent spray.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back