Algae vibrant orange under blue light ID

TrampledByEwoks

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 28, 2021
Messages
87
Reaction score
40
Location
St.Paul
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

I noticed this morning a very small patch of what I am guessing is a type of algae or cyano that is a vibrant orange under my blue lights. I just finished a round of chemi-clean early last week (~9 days ago) to wipe of the regular maroon colored cyano. The treatment worked as all of that is gone and I usually won't see any signs of more cyano for 6+ months after a treatment. The spot it is in is medium flow and gets plenty of direct light. Any idea based on the picture provided?

If its not a problem algae I won't complain as it is a vivid orange that gives my ultra rainbow BTA a run for it's money.

r2r algae.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new