AliExpress A8SE Reef Light

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Chinese leds mounted on aluminum with jb weld, meanwell drivers and a timer. Super nice windex blue. When the halides come on all that crap goes away.
Smat farm led on the small tanks

These are still out of my budget if I need 8 of them. Before that I’d go back to T5 to supplement my LED, I think thats bass ackward too.
People will knock them because they aren’t $2000 a piece.

Orito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least until we get a TOTM that uses them, then it’s the next Noop lol
I have a tank with noop I think it's going well

20230910_171228.jpg

20230910_170836.jpg

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a tank with noop I think it's going well

20230910_171228.jpg

20230910_170836.jpg

I wasn’t bashing Noop. They come highly recommended but they’re also by all technicality a Chinese black box and if I recall had the same or similar feedback when they first came out of just spend more for a quality brand name.

Orito

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn’t bashing Noop. They come highly recommended but they’re also by all technicality a Chinese black box and if I recall had the same or similar feedback when they first came out of just spend more for a quality brand name.
No I understood what you meant, people think they need to pay top dollar for good results, my noops are the minis I paid around 70 dollars for each and they are putting around 500 par on the surface at 60%.

aldima78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Please tell me, has anyone tried to connect and control several lamps at the same time. Is it possible at all. There are 2 pieces of A8se lamps. Thank you.

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Hello everyone. Please tell me, has anyone tried to connect and control several lamps at the same time. Is it possible at all. There are 2 pieces of A8se lamps. Thank you.
Yes. just set them in the same group when setting up.

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I try to be on a budget, I mean if I want to have relations with my wife, I have to stay on a budget. But with lights, I rather pay more and not worry about anything. That's one part of my tanks that I never try to cut corners on. For the longest time I did try, and it ended up costing me in the long run. Besides, you never know where this hobby will take you, and this way you are set in that department. Besides, I really want as much control over my lights as possible. Another thing I won't mind spending money on is fish. I rather spend more on a reputable vendor than fight ich and other poop for months, or end up with sickly and weak fish.

"Pay a little, pay a lot"--- Vanilla Ice
And what controllability are you not getting with these lights? I’d say most people find the settings they like and never adjust them from that. Maybe increase intensity as things grow.

Pickle_soup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And what controllability are you not getting with these lights? I’d say most people find the settings they like and never adjust them from that. Maybe increase intensity as things grow.
I am asking because I am unfamiliar with the light. What I like about premium lights is the complete control of each channel and the cycle of the lights throughout the day. The slow brightening and dimming as the day progresses. Do you have the same option on those lights?

xlzerolx

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Matt1997

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
I am asking because I am unfamiliar with the light. What I like about premium lights is the complete control of each channel and the cycle of the lights throughout the day. The slow brightening and dimming as the day progresses. Do you have the same option on those lights?
Yes the lights do everything mentioned.

Jposch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered 4 A8se to replace some AI Sol Blues. Controller crapped out, and I'm not in the mood to try to find another. I imagine after 10+ years, the output on the AIs has diminished, especially considering some diodes are burned out. With all 4 at 100% I need more light anyway. Hopefully they show up in a week as claimed.
I wanted to get Reefi's, as I'm quote happy with the one I have on another tank, but these are just so much cheaper.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 12.9%
Back