Alive Trochus but not moving

Joseph_Joe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2024
Messages
85
Reaction score
37
Location
France
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I added 2 Trochus to my tank a week ago. Both are coming from the same tank of the supplier and got acclimated together. However, one of the Trochus seems to be not moving or eating. He is alive as I can see him extend some parts of body parts but his mouth is not. When I move him somewhere else, he always goes to the deepest level and stand still, stuck to the glass.
Is it normal if he is doing that for a week ?
I think he is eating somehow, I don't think he can survive fasting a whole week. My other Trochus however are eating for like 75% of the Time.
Thanks in advance.
 
hi, most trochus are nocturnal eating machines.
 
hi, most trochus are nocturnal eating machines.
I agree, but other trochuses move over time. He seem stuck in that deep position. I am just a little nervous that since he is in range of any hermit crab, they may consider him as their next meal...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new