Alk test kits .

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With many different kits for testing alkalinity . I’m not sure which one to trust .

salifert results 7.3dkh but using a syringe that might be from a old Red Sea kit

api kit that expires 2017 which results are 7 dkh ( drops )

Hanna 137ppm ( 7.62dkh ) started to test higher a few months ago but not sure to trust it or not but I think I might have found the testing error with a few numbers rubbed off , I was adding 0.9ml reagent

gbru316

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made an alk reference standard a few weeks ago and tested salifert, Hanna, and trident with it.

salifert was spot-on. Hanna was off by a few tenths, trident was significantly “off.”

I now use the trident for trend analysis and salifert for accuracy if I lose trust in the trident data. (And then I recalibrate trident using the salifert data). I’m not convinced that Hanna has a place in my process any longer.

OP
OP
Rmckoy

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made an alk reference standard a few weeks ago and tested salifert, Hanna, and trident with it.

salifert was spot-on. Hanna was off by a few tenths, trident was significantly “off.”

I now use the trident for trend analysis and salifert for accuracy if I lose trust in the trident data. (And then I recalibrate trident using the salifert data). I’m not convinced that Hanna has a place in my process any longer.
Hanna has proved to be inconsistent with their reagent .
possibly too many variables to go wrong

I’m going to order a new salifert kit .
along with a new battery for my Hanna checker and track their accuracy

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just pick one and stick with it. The difference between them one matter. I wouldn't use the api as it doesn't give the precision needed for accurate dosing

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back