Alk Tester Trends?

  • Thread starter Thread starter spsick
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2018
Messages
2,279
Reaction score
2,772
Location
Mpls, MN
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What did your Trident, Alkatronic, etc show you for a daily alkalinity trend?

I basically want want to see what the daily trend is and adjust my dosing schedule but that seems silly to run one for a day as I’m fine testing with Salifert but can’t get an accurate trend throughout the day.
 
More alk is used during the day, i find 2-3 hours after lights on the consumption picks up and continues to be higher for an hr or two after lights out.

if your looking for frequent testing thoughout the day you're best bet is a PH titration based tester like the alkatronic, kh director, kh keeper etc.....Trident reagent can be pricey with frequent testing. I have an alkatronic and trident on my display and I REALLY like the alkatronic. I find its results are very much in line with hanna and salifert. The trident can be dialed in but I find the calibration solution to constantly calibrate low for alk (.4 dkh or so) and its variable from batch to batch which is annoying to deal with every 2 months.

Going forward I plan to just calibrate the trident with my tank water based on testing with other test kits.
 
It really varies throughout the day and week. I would shoot for a weekly average if I were doing it manually.
 
Awesome thanks guys. I’m currently dosing with BRS dosers via Apex every 30 minutes but figure I’m probably seeing a daily swing I could adjust dosing length to minimize without buying a very expensive monitor I don’t need.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new