Alkalinity consumption and trace element consumption

FrugalReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if there’s a study out there or not which could answer my question, but would you say that as alkalinity consumption of a reef tank slowly rises over time that the consumption of trace elements increases also? Or is trace element consumption independent of alkalinity consumption? Over the last month, the amount of ESV 2 part I’ve been dosing to my SPS dominant nano has increased from 16 ml to 21 ml and this has me wondering if trace elements are also being consumed at a greater rate.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know if there’s a study out there or not which could answer my question, but would you say that as alkalinity consumption of a reef tank slowly rises over time that the consumption of trace elements increases also? Or is trace element consumption independent of alkalinity consumption? Over the last month, the amount of ESV 2 part I’ve been dosing to my SPS dominant nano has increased from 16 ml to 21 ml and this has me wondering if trace elements are also being consumed at a greater rate.
If coral growth is causing an increase in Alkalinity demand, you can expect demand for most other elements to also increase, including trace elements.

Whether the association is a 1:1 relationship I expect would be open to debate :)

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 32.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 45 26.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back