Alkalinity monitor/controller -experiences

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you for all the information. It sounds like the KH Director May be my best option given I’ve already invested in a GHL SA Doser. From what I’ve read GHL is working on the graphing/trending issue, correct? I don’t necessarily care if the graph is in fusion or GHL’s app
I think it makes sense if you already have the Doser 2.1 to go with a KHD. The ability to adjust all 3/4 parts of dosing together based on Alk monitoring will be awesome. I don't believe you could do that with Alkatronic (yet).

Regarding graphing, they last responded about it in Aug:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/kh-director.289907/page-47#post-5039281

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the ProfiLux is needed to control a calcium reactor, it’s currently the only way to control an outlet. They could take a lesson from alkatronic in this respect and offer a wireless outlet so you could control a calcium reactor without needing a controller. I personally just monitor my all and make any necessary changes manually, it doesn’t require that much adjustment honestly, my alk swings about a half a point from day to night and I’ve had to adjust the reactor twice in 6 months for increased consumption.

Ken Lee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes the ProfiLux is needed to control a calcium reactor, it’s currently the only way to control an outlet. They could take a lesson from alkatronic in this respect and offer a wireless outlet so you could control a calcium reactor without needing a controller. I personally just monitor my all and make any necessary changes manually, it doesn’t require that much adjustment honestly, my alk swings about a half a point from day to night and I’ve had to adjust the reactor twice in 6 months for increased consumption.
Another way, is to use KHD 4th pump to dose KH buffer like 0.1ppm daily (for e.g. your tank need 0.5ppm daily), & u can activate the adaptive control & still able to maintain good KH.
BTW PF4 is controlling CaRx CO2 solenoid valve? or other gadget like feeder pump?

Jamie7907

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can do either but I prefer the co2 solenoid so that water is constantly moving through my reactor.

Back