Alkalinity swings

keithmeseroll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I've got a dosing question. My calcium consumption is at 0.8ml/per day. My alk doesn't drop for weeks than will drop out of nowhere from 8.9(calcium 410)to 7.8.(calcium 450) than I dose a small amount to bring it back to level and it will hold at about 9 for weeks again. Just wondering if anyone knew the reason? Everything I use is red sea from the tests to dosing supplements

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's in the tank? If it's new and doesn't have any corals in it, it's not going to consume much of anything.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I've got a dosing question. My calcium consumption is at 0.8ml/per day. My alk doesn't drop for weeks than will drop out of nowhere from 8.9(calcium 410)to 7.8.(calcium 450) than I dose a small amount to bring it back to level and it will hold at about 9 for weeks again. Just wondering if anyone knew the reason? Everything I use is red sea from the tests to dosing supplements
What is alk of your fresh saltwater for changes?

OP
OP
K

keithmeseroll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's in the tank? If it's new and doesn't have any corals in it, it's not going to consume much of anything.
It's got lps mostly. Hammers, frogspawn, acans, leptoseris, favia, and some mushrooms. Been going for 9 months strong. Only lost one frag so far and everything is growing and out. Just trying to keep the parameters stable is all the best I can with manual dosing

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 102 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back