Alkatronic results different from Mastertronic

  • Thread starter Thread starter CSremo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CSremo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2020
Messages
58
Reaction score
39
What state or country do you live in
Kansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to put dKH test (Salifert) on the Mastertronic to check the Alkatronic results periodically.
Here is my first comparison. Waaaay off.
siggestions?

Alkatronic - 8.37
Mastertronic - 12.16

I’ve been using Reef Crystals. So was expecting higher alkalinity.
Recently had trouble with the calibration and had to reset the Alkatronic PH calibration with the help of customer support and that seemed to fix it. Prior to resetting I have had a consistent DKH of 4.85. After resetting it went into the 7s. Which seemed accurate at the time. But now I’m obviously questioning it again.
 
Decided to put dKH test (Salifert) on the Mastertronic to check the Alkatronic results periodically.
Here is my first comparison. Waaaay off.
siggestions?

Alkatronic - 8.37
Mastertronic - 12.16

I’ve been using Reef Crystals. So was expecting higher alkalinity.
Recently had trouble with the calibration and had to reset the Alkatronic PH calibration with the help of customer support and that seemed to fix it. Prior to resetting I have had a consistent DKH of 4.85. After resetting it went into the 7s. Which seemed accurate at the time. But now I’m obviously questioning it again.
Have you checked it with other hand tests, im just curious what the actual or common alkalinity is at.
 
Have you checked it with other hand tests, im just curious what the actual or common alkalinity is at.
Not yet. I’ve now done several tests in the MT and they are kind of all over the place. Gonna wait till they get resolved. Talking to Eric Tang on email.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new