Mastertronic issues

robinm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a mastertronic for a while but never set it up properly due to a move getting in the way. I've recently set it up and am having issues with all of the tests being way off. I have calibrated everything according to the instructions yet the results are way off.

Calcium: Using a brand new API CA2+ kit I tested the tank before filling the MT reagent bottles the result was 450ppm I tested with Salifert and got 440ppm. Testing with the MT gives 337ppm.

PO4: My Hanna ULR P gives 0.049 MT using the Red Sea Pro kit gives 0.009 a retest straight after gave 0.004

NO3: Using Tropic Marin NO3 gives 10ppm MT using API gives 3.71

All calibration tests are fine, reagent is being drawn into the syringe. The light and sensor test gives around 1500 for all 3 colour values (R2631, G1555, B1451). I've lifted the reaction chamber and it's clean with no scale or other deposits.

Any help would be gratefully received or do I just write it off as a very expensive doorstop :(. I have the Alkatronic / Dosetronic and they work perfectly so I'm really disappointed with the MT

Thanks

OP
OP
R

robinm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the reactor chamber magnet installed. That the little magnet that goes into the black chamber.
Yes I do, I've managed to get to the bottom of the calcium problem I had it set to the CA2+ freshwater rather than Marine. It now reads (almost) correctly, it returns around 470 whereas Salifert reads circa 450. I still don't completely trust the PO4 and NO3 readings although apparently NO3 reading low is a known issue and an update and new stirrer bar are in the works.

hzhong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has your problem been resolved? My machine has the same problem as yours. The test data for PO4 and NO3 deviate too much from the actual situation. How did you solve it in the end?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back