Alkatronic Users Thread

Derrick Picker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the alkatronic just send an average. I am not sure but mine usually is between 8.5-8.6. So when the alkatronic says 8.55 for example my Apex shows 8.6. So I think that its why.

OP
OP
Wrasse-cal

Wrasse-cal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine:

CDC61991-9815-4007-B7F8-A75E45B86414.jpeg

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious why your readings are so stair-steppy. Is that just because you're daily readings are so stable?

I'm not exactly sure why it looked like that on that day. But I have a guess. When the Alkatronic is restarted, it sends a default signal of 7.0 to Apex until the next test. Then it reports correctly. I suspect that the 6.97 you can see as the lower end of the Apex chart is that default.
This is what it looks like today, and the range is really small, like +- .11
upload_2019-5-8_21-1-21.png

Here's the 7 day chart from the Alkatronic cloud too. You can see that I'm chasing a constantly falling alk. Not a bad problem to have, but lately I need to bump my Calcium reactor weekly to keep up.
upload_2019-5-8_21-4-25.png

ycnibrc

SOCAL REEF TOTM 11/2019 GHL TOTM 02/2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
6C7836B3-2C3F-4077-9DBE-FC8A8CE7AAC8.png
58357FAE-3990-40F0-8554-88DCA63FBF8F.jpeg
905FC89A-E70F-4114-A5EE-0411AA097A03.jpeg
FF392654-81B3-46F5-A3EA-E535C1C51BCE.jpeg

Just got mine install yesterday so far so good compare to salifert dkh test at 7.0 and alkatronic at 7.89 it's only deviate 0.89 put it to the base line adjustment now I have accurate test to monitor

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been great, the interaction with the Alkatronic is awesome.

I've used both ODA and SDA to get the dosing dialed in. I recently went overboard with adding urchins, they ate up a lot of my coralline so alk consumption went way down. Dosetronic skips the dose when above the desired Alk, I ran ODA to get it back to the correct dosing. SDA is nice for fine tuning.

Alk has been very steady between 8 - 8.15.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been great, the interaction with the Alkatronic is awesome.

I've used both ODA and SDA to get the dosing dialed in. I recently went overboard with adding urchins, they ate up a lot of my coralline so alk consumption went way down. Dosetronic skips the dose when above the desired Alk, I ran ODA to get it back to the correct dosing. SDA is nice for fine tuning.

Alk has been very steady between 8 - 8.15.

Thank you

Glad your happy with your Dosetronic

Loving my Alka-T too, to this point.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the 6 month mark with my Alkatronic. While I love the Alkatronic I have made some observations over time that are concerning. I've had difficulty with WiFi connection so no data when there is no connection. It will reconnect with rebooting the machine but the data is lost for the period of time it was not connected. I've had no explanation as to why this is happening every few weeks. I have it connected to a dedicated 2.4 GHz router per Alkatronic customer support suggestion. Still dropping off.

Love this machine when it is locked in and working well. Recently it went on the fritz, didn't test for 24 hours, it got stuck in "testing" mode but nothing was happening. I was out of town and had my housekeeper reboot it. It began testing, numbers were WAY off. Since I was away I just had to watch it test every 2 hours with no way to shut it down. Uggg, if I had it connected to a Dosatronic it would have dumped a lot of Alk into my system which would have been catastrophic. I also have the Trident on the same tank and it continued to give me stable Alk readings during the same time period. 5 days later I got home and shut it down. Upon reboot, I updated firmware via USB per Alkatronic customer service. My firmware continues to not show the latest update on the settings page but the machine shows the firmware as latest. I calibrated pump A and pump C and my next reading was worse. I shut it down again in frustration. 24 hours later I rebooted and did a new measure, Alk reading back where it should be. I have no idea what is happening but my confidence was/is seriously shaken. It has been testing for the past 5 days with stable data and steady connection. My plan has been to move the Alkatronic to my Nano Reef next week and run the Trident on big tank. Hopefully, the Alkatronic will run with more stability, both in connection via WiFi and within the machine itself. My next hurdle is to replace the hoses, the recommendation is every 6 months.

Again, I LOVE this machine when it is running in a stable manner. Hopefully all of these problems are in the past and the machine will continue to work well.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@slojmn

Have you been excepted into the Focustronic's Facebook Users Group / Forum?

Jonas, other members and a mod will help you out on that forum.

I think there has been more updates since yours is six months old.

Edit:
FWIW..
I've just been using the Blue Tooth app on an latest Ipad and ran a BNC to Apex Fusion.

Thanks for your incite and will pick up some replacement pump lines for down the line.

Last edited:

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@slojmn

Have you been excepted into the Focustronic's Facebook Users Group / Forum?

Jonas, other members and a mod will help you out on that forum.

I think there has been more updates since yours is six months old.

Edit:
FWIW..
I've just been using the Blue Tooth app on an latest Ipad and ran a BNC to Apex Fusion.

Thanks for your incite and will pick up some replacement pump lines for down the line.

Thanks for the info on the FB forum. I didn't know about it. I have since joined.

Hopefully I can get some help there. Through FB messaging I've had some help from Focustronic folks but , all in all, no real explanation for my issues. This last episode was not good at all. I'm glad to see it stable at this point but I will need to see some long term stability before I am less concerned.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info on the FB forum. I didn't know about it. I have since joined.

Hopefully I can get some help there. Through FB messaging I've had some help from Focustronic folks but , all in all, no real explanation for my issues. This last episode was not good at all. I'm glad to see it stable at this point but I will need to see some long term stability before I am less concerned.

I hope you've stabled out too and understand your concern.

I saw Jonas work with another member. It wound up being a leak right before the A or C's pumps connection line.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you've stabled out too and understand your concern.

I saw Jonas work with another member. It wound up being a leak right before the A or C's pumps connection line.

I joined the group, great info over there and a nice bunch of folks. My machine has been very stable so far. I believe it may have been the update that worked everything out.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I joined the group, great info over there and a nice bunch of folks. My machine has been very stable so far. I believe it may have been the update that worked everything out.

Good to know.

Looks ;Wideyed like the guys want Jonas to go with phosphates and nitrates, next... ;Woot ;Woot

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know.

Looks ;Wideyed like the guys want Jonas to go with phosphates and nitrates, next... ;Woot ;Woot

I don't have a Facebook account, but I'm tempted to create one to get more info on what you posted! I've been nothing but pleased with my Alkatronic and Dosetronic, a nitrate and phosphate tester from them would be great.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back