Alkatronic

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all, I'm considering purchasing this unit. My only concern is it looks like it's really meant to control dosing. I want to use my apex and calcium reactor - am I wasting my money on this using it this way? My alternative is going with the trident (I'd benefit to have mag/cal tested too) but I'm not a huge fan of the fixed testing schedule. Does anyone have their alkatronic set up with an apex and carx? What's your experience been like? If this is a go I'll probably get the mastertronic too.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm considering purchasing this unit. My only concern is it looks like it's really meant to control dosing. I want to use my apex and calcium reactor - am I wasting my money on this using it this way? My alternative is going with the trident (I'd benefit to have mag/cal tested too) but I'm not a huge fan of the fixed testing schedule. Does anyone have their alkatronic set up with an apex and carx? What's your experience been like? If this is a go I'll probably get the mastertronic too.
I don't use a calcium reactor but there’s a big thread on it and people really like it for that. I use mine to control my 2 part system. I’ve had mine for a month and so far very good.

Overfloater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use a calcium reactor but there’s a big thread on it and people really like it for that. I use mine to control my 2 part system. I’ve had mine for a month and so far very good.

Not to hijack, but are you using a dosetronic as well for the 2 part? It seems the alkatronic can only dose alk. I currently dose alk and calcium via jebao doser and was looking at purchasing an alkatronic but I think I will also need the doestronic to dose the calcium.

dwest

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to hijack, but are you using a dosetronic as well for the 2 part? It seems the alkatronic can only dose alk. I currently dose alk and calcium via jebao doser and was looking at purchasing an alkatronic but I think I will also need the doestronic to dose the calcium.
I use a spectrapure liter meter 2 system to dose 2 part. When my alkalinity gets lows (like when I travel), the alkatronic doses alkalinity. If alkalinity were to get high, it shuts off my 2 part. So, no dosetronic here. I just use my normal 2 part system and the alkatronic supplied “guardrails” for alkalinity. My high and low set points are 8 and 9 DKH.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back