Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply. They will be in a 20L qt first then a 180. But looks like I may have to re think a little I am planning on upgrading to a 300g.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi Everyone!

So I want to add some reef safe wrasses to my 180 gallon dt.

Current fish:
Powder Blue Tang
Yellow Tang
Purple Tang
Blue eye Kole Tang
Copperband Butterfly
Blue Throat Triggerfish

Wrasses I want:
Leopard Wrasse
McCoskers Flasher Wrasse
Multicolor Lubbocks Wrasse
Blue Flasher Wrasse
Carpenter Flasher Wrasse

I want to stay in that price range between 30-40 per fish and I want fish that really stand out when swimming around a SPS dominated tank. Will these be fine together?

Also, if you have a better looking suggestion over one of the ones I picked I would appreciate it.

Are red coris wrasse and yellow wrasse really not reef safe? I assume they will kill my snails and crabs?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone!

So I want to add some reef safe wrasses to my 180 gallon dt.

Current fish:
Powder Blue Tang
Yellow Tang
Purple Tang
Blue eye Kole Tang
Copperband Butterfly
Blue Throat Triggerfish

Wrasses I want:
Leopard Wrasse
McCoskers Flasher Wrasse
Blue Flasher Wrasse
Carpenter Flasher Wrasse

I want to stay in that price range between 30-40 per fish and I want fish that really stand out when swimming around a SPS dominated tank. Will these be fine together?

Also, if you have a better looking suggestion over one of the ones I picked I would appreciate it.

Are red coris wrasse and yellow wrasse really not reef safe? I assume they will kill my snails and crabs?
Those will be fine.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you!

Are red coris wrasse and yellow wrasse really not reef safe? I assume they "could" kill my snails and crabs?
Yellow coris aren't a true coris species and are mostly reef safe. I have had quite a few and never had issues, but some few have reported them eating hermits and snails.

Red coris will eat most motile inverts and as it gets bigger will flip corals and small rocks.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yellow coris aren't a true coris species and are mostly reef safe. I have had quite a few and never had issues, but some few have reported them eating hermits and snails.

Red coris will eat most motile inverts and as it gets bigger will flip corals and small rocks.

Thank you, I had a green wrasse before and that thing was awful. Moved it to my FLOWR as soon as I could catch it, just wanted to make sure the yellow coris wasnt similar to that.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I had a green wrasse before and that thing was awful. Moved it to my FLOWR as soon as I could catch it, just wanted to make sure the yellow coris wasnt similar to that.
Nowhere like the green coris.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Fish I ordered that I am getting tomorrow.

Leopard Wrasse
McCoskers Flasher Wrasse
Blue Flasher Wrasse
Carpenter Flasher Wrasse
Yellow Coris Warsse

I have a 20 gallon QT ready for them filled with 2 pieces of live rock, heater, pvc pipes and a HOB filter just for flow. Do I need to move some sand from my DT in this tank? Even if I only fill some of it? Or should I just fill a large container with sand? Trying to figure out the best way to put wrasse through QT, never have done it before.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should take out the live rock it will suck up your meds no sand is need as it will also do the same you can put a small container of sand for the sand sleepers but that’s it.

Keep an eye on your ammonia levels if you don’t have a seachem ammonia alert badge try getting one.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You should take out the live rock it will suck up your meds no sand is need as it will also do the same you can put a small container of sand for the sand sleepers but that’s it.

Keep an eye on your ammonia levels if you don’t have a seachem ammonia alert badge try getting one.

Thank you. I do have an ammonia alert badge already.

I did not know the sand would soak up the meds. I am not sure if the wrasse I am getting are sand sleepers or not, guess I will have to research that.

alshayazoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have my eye on a gorgeous Vroliks. How will one interact with my other wrasses? Currently have a Silver Belly Choris, Red Head Solon Fairy, and Rose Scale Fairy.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just ordered one McCosker Wrasse and I really like the look of it, my LFS is getting around 10 in stock this week.

Can I add more or can I only keep 1 male in my 180 gallon DT? I was thinking of adding 2-3 more if I could, I love how colorful they are.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do more than 1 of the same species together, but multiple species can be kept together. They will still display and show off together.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink Margin and Rhomboid together? I don't have either but trying to adjust my stocking list to what's available. They're quite close on the chart and would be going into a 220. Currently a bully melanarus and a timid orange back are in it now along with a yellow fin flasher.

Many other flasher's and fairy's planned along with some halichoeres but I can adjust on the fly. I just want more wrasses lol! So, if the pink margin is likely to be aggressive in general, I might avoid it.

Jaag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How would a Pseudocheilinus tetrataenia mix with multiple fairy wrasse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back