All blue lights stopped working in my light

Elle22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the JBJ Lt-120 lighting in fixture. It has been going strong for over a year now, and then one night this past week, all the blue lights stopped functioning. The light is still registering that they are on, as their percentage is given still up to 100%, but the are emitting minimal to no light at all. I am almost positive no water has gotten splashed on them, wires have not gotten wet, etc, so I cannot think of a reason why this happened. Also I am past my warranty and have no proof of purchase, so I cannot file a claim with JBJ. Any suggestions to fix the problem, or is it just time for a new light?

And yes, I have tried turning it on and off again (Didn't work).

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the JBJ Lt-120 lighting in fixture. It has been going strong for over a year now, and then one night this past week, all the blue lights stopped functioning. The light is still registering that they are on, as their percentage is given still up to 100%, but the are emitting minimal to no light at all. I am almost positive no water has gotten splashed on them, wires have not gotten wet, etc, so I cannot think of a reason why this happened. Also I am past my warranty and have no proof of purchase, so I cannot file a claim with JBJ. Any suggestions to fix the problem, or is it just time for a new light?

And yes, I have tried turning it on and off again (Didn't work).
When's the last time you gave the fixture a good cleaning? Blew it out with compressed air and gave it a good wipe down? Best first thing to always do is a thurough cleaning. If there's dust collection and the unit thinks its getting hot it'll flicker or dim the leds to prevent overheating. I'd say try this first :)

jeffp1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a resistor burn out on my light and lost the blues. It wasn't a JBJ light but is probably similar in design.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 34 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back