All for Reef and TM Remineral?

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All. I have been using AFR recently. Easy to mix and use but water test shows low trace minerals. So, could I also use Remineral with RO water change water? I suspect the Remineral boosts the kDH quite a bit. Thanks for any tips here.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All. I have been using AFR recently. Easy to mix and use but water test shows low trace minerals. So, could I also use Remineral with RO water change water? I suspect the Remineral boosts the kDH quite a bit. Thanks for any tips here.
AFR provides pretty much everything you need.

Which water test is showing low levels of trace elements?

OP
OP
peterhos

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AFR provides pretty much everything you need.

Which water test is showing low levels of trace elements?
The lfs sells the Reefzlements test. Test showed no pollutants, macro events at a good level, but iodine a bit low and trace elements all low. So far I have started dosing iodine. After using AFR for 2 months I was surprised that trace elements were low. Should I use AFR and Remineral, or just one or the other?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lfs sells the Reefzlements test. Test showed no pollutants, macro events at a good level, but iodine a bit low and trace elements all low. So far I have started dosing iodine. After using AFR for 2 months I was surprised that trace elements were low. Should I use AFR and Remineral, or just one or the other?
In most systems trace elements replenished simply by regular water changes - there really is no need to supplement them other than that.

If you have a huge system fully. stocked with coral you may reconsider based upon ICP testing.

I don't believe any over the counter test will provide a useful level of information about trace elements.

OP
OP
peterhos

peterhos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In most systems trace elements replenished simply by regular water changes - there really is no need to supplement them other than that.

If you have a huge system fully. stocked with coral you may reconsider based upon ICP testing.

I don't believe any over the counter test will provide a useful level of information about trace elements.
Thank you. What you say is helpful and makes good sense.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 42 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 33 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 29 18.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back