All for Reef dilution

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dorsetsteve

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had, as have a few others I’m aware of, issues with AFR blocking the dosing line at the tank end tip. Is there any particular reason this should occur, it seems to be an intermittent issue. The injection point, so to speak, is above the water line.

I seem to recall an instruction that I should not further dilute the product. I’m looking for a hard answer, is this ok to do? Are there any considerations?

Im dosing about 15ml a day over 6 doses. Into a 150L tank. I’ve been using it as a power that I mix at 6 scoops per litre for about 18 months. Other than the issue above I’m happy the product and it’s perfect for my requirements.

Thanks in advance

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your question.

All-For-Reef is only stable in the full concentration, diluted fungi and bacteria may grow in the solution. The high concentration may cause problems with clogging the dosing line.

We recommend to let the dosing line end directly at the the water line. This takes away drops of AFR and avoids evaporation and clogging.

Cunning_plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

All-For-Reef is only stable in the full concentration, diluted fungi and bacteria may grow in the solution. The high concentration may cause problems with clogging the dosing line.

We recommend to let the dosing line end directly at the the water line. This takes away drops of AFR and avoids evaporation and clogging.

Mine clogs in a matter of hours if it's in the water.

Above the water line I can get away with just squeezing off the precipate every couple of weeks.

I assume this is a function of flow? It's OK in the water so long as it has extremley high flow?

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

It might be an idea to add that line about needing to mixed at full concentration into the instructions. I have a batch mixed up at half strength that I now don’t know if I need to throw away.

There’s no indication in the instructions that that would have been a problem. :confused:

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is no problem to continue dosing, even when black flakes of fungi will occur. Growth will most likely be not very rapid and not very dense.

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had, as have a few others I’m aware of, issues with AFR blocking the dosing line at the tank end tip.
I just recalled an even better solution: Connect the ends of the dosing line and of the auto top-off with a Y-piece. In this way the auto top-off flushes the common end with RO water and keeps it clear of crystallization.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back