All for Reef Substitues

santeeeyyy

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2023
Messages
765
Reaction score
459
Location
Queen creek
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! So I am unsure if I had Deja Vu, but I swore I thought I was in a discussion or a thread regarding all for reef and differnet methods of dosing. Someone told me about a different method but it was a 2 part solution that made the tank blew up and was best long term rather than short term. I tried finding the threat but no luck at all. I have been dosing All for reef, 12mL daily and so far my tank is happy, putting in a C02 scrubber to help boost my tanks growth, althought I have a three part dosing container and wanted to know if anyone has any good recomendations other than all for reef. It is a frag tank, particulary softie and lps dominated. I thought about dosing any sort of phosphate or AB+ Solutions with amino acids althought dosing that stuff they recomend only putting enough for a week. But I thought maybe I have a container each for Alk, Trace elements, and some sort of Nutrients.
 
There are tons of 2, 3, and 4 part additive methods, both diy and commercial. Many are very good.

I’m not sure if you are asking about these, or something different?
 
There are tons of 2, 3, and 4 part additive methods, both diy and commercial. Many are very good.

I’m not sure if you are asking about these, or something different?
It was a two part solution. I know it wasn’t Red Sea, brightwell, it was something not diy either. It was just an overall good substitution for all for reef and a majority of five people were raving about it.
 
Maybe your tanks expectations are wrong. All For Reef grows corals just fine. As does 2, and 3 part solutions. Or others. If you are looking to take a frag to colony in short order you are not going to reach low earth orbit and only fail.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new