U have a lot so I’m reading and answeringOkay im getting copper sulfate, i got a cycled 20 gallon and will use my 110 gallon power filter with a sponge in it... can I use a protein skimmer? Or will that suck up and get rid of the copper sulfate? I also have cycled aragonite sand in it, should i dump that sand in my 75 g display tank? Or in the garbage? Also dont the cells live in the water? Or inside the fish? Therefore I dont get it, take out the fishes and put em in qt tank for 5 weeks , what do i do with the 75? Leave it fishless with no copper treatment? If i have to put copper in it wouldnt it kill my corals? And live rock?, can corals survive copper sulfate? In short words "all i have to do" is qt all fishes leave the fishless 75 as it is for weeks with the zoas, sps, etc.? And my BIGGEST QUESTION IS... how th am i supposed to have good beneficial bacteria in my 20 if i keep dumping copper in it? Wouldnt that kill all beneficial bacteria? Can zoanthids catch velvet? ... what should i do with my 8" serpent starfish? It cant tolerate copper but if i leave it in a rubbermaid container with a powerhead the velvet may not go away since i cant use copper in that container, and if i leave it in my fishless 75 wouldnt it be a host for the velvet? What do i do with him? Please answer all of my questions each by each.
Don’t use the skimmer. Don’t use the sand. It obsorbs copper. Copper doesn’t kill good bacteria. starfish is an invert so it stays in display