All these test options are making my head explode!

I wouldn't recommend the Hanna Calcium test. There is a 100/1 dilution that makes the test inaccurate. I didn't find the Hanna pH meter to be reliable no matter what I did.
I use Nyos for NO3 and Salifert for everything else.
The API test kit is cheap for a reason.
Hmmmm... more to think on! Thank you
 
Also because no one has mentioned, frequent water changes with high quality salt helps more than anything in getting good quality read outs. I have several of the Hanna meters and like the “numbers“ results, and to someone’s earlier point about their calcium, if I get an odd reading I just redo it assuming operator error.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new