Allergic reaction/asthma attack from CA super glue

burningmime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is just a word of warning. I've never had any allergies or asthma in my life before; thought I was one of the lucky ones. But some people are sensitive to Cyanoacrylate, and the more you're exposed to it, the more likely it is to trigger something. Last few times I worked with glue, I found myself coughing, but didn't attribute it to the glue. Last night, I was working with just a little dab of the BRS thick glue, and started coughing/wheezing/unable to breathe, and it's only now abating. Guess I gotta get one of those inhaler things now.

Be careful!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is just a word of warning. I've never had any allergies or asthma in my life before; thought I was one of the lucky ones. But some people are sensitive to Cyanoacrylate, and the more you're exposed to it, the more likely it is to trigger something. Last few times I worked with glue, I found myself coughing, but didn't attribute it to the glue. Last night, I was working with just a little dab of the BRS thick glue, and started coughing/wheezing/unable to breathe, and it's only now abating. Guess I gotta get one of those inhaler things now.

Be careful!
I have a little of these types of symptoms. Curious could it be because you were working with a coral, etc and had an allergic reaction to that? Or a Zoa? Since you're using glue I'm assuming you were?

OP
OP
B

burningmime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a little of these types of symptoms. Curious could it be because you were working with a coral, etc and had an allergic reaction to that? Or a Zoa? Since you're using glue I'm assuming you were?
No coral yet; tank is empty right now. Just fixing a broken heater mount.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Be careful!
Guess us humans are just like everything in our reef tank... everything is fine, right up until it isn't fine any more

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 83 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back