Almost ready....I think

RobertP1969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am brand new to this and just joined Reef 2 Reef last week. I have been reading everything I can
before I embark on this adventure. I guess I'll start by telling you guys what I have now and what I plan
on getting and hopefully with all your help I can start this off right:)
So far I have a Waterbox InfiniaReef 150.4,Sicce 7.0 return pump,(2) Eco-tech MP40 power heads,Neptune Apex A3,(3) Kessil A360's
5stage RO/DI,(2) 30 gal food grade drums for my saltwater mixing station. when I get closer to actually putting water in
this I will of course buy sand and rock and test kits but do I need much else to start? Thank you

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am brand new to this and just joined Reef 2 Reef last week. I have been reading everything I can
before I embark on this adventure. I guess I'll start by telling you guys what I have now and what I plan
on getting and hopefully with all your help I can start this off right:)
So far I have a Waterbox InfiniaReef 150.4,Sicce 7.0 return pump,(2) Eco-tech MP40 power heads,Neptune Apex A3,(3) Kessil A360's
5stage RO/DI,(2) 30 gal food grade drums for my saltwater mixing station. when I get closer to actually putting water in
this I will of course buy sand and rock and test kits but do I need much else to start? Thank you
Perfect.
I would consider rocks now and put them in a bucket with flow and bacteria to pre cycle them while you putting things together.

OP
OP
R

RobertP1969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heaters are on the list.So I could just buy rock and a couple brute trash cans and heaters and a couple
powerheads and bacteria and let them sit for a while?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 82 77.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back