1a-Welcome Aboard.gif

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I am VERY new to this hobby (so, sorry in advance if I ask too many stupid questions )
I just bought a Biocube 16 and a few accessories/equipment.
I want to have a clownfish and maybe one or two more small fishes in the tank.
At this point I am quite frustrated though because I just learned we are very limited in what we can have/keep here in Hawaii (clearly I didn’t research enough ‍♀️), but anyways I guess I will have to get creative with what we have.
Thanks for letting me be part of the community and for all the knowledge you all share here. I have learned a lot already!!!
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

vintage detritus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aloha. I knew Pahoa well, Mom lived in HPP until five years ago. Seems like Pele took a lot of places I used to hang. I'm guessing a generator is on your shopping list. Puna does not get high priority when the storms take out the power. Last big one I recall left us dark for a week.

OP
OP
gc808

gc808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aloha. I knew Pahoa well, Mom lived in HPP until five years ago. Seems like Pele took a lot of places I used to hang. I'm guessing a generator is on your shopping list. Puna does not get high priority when the storms take out the power. Last big one I recall left us dark for a week.
Aloha! Oh how cool! I live in Hawaiian Beaches/Shores area. Great point! I should definitely put a generator on my list lol (I really didn’t think about it!) I remember that storm, I wasn’t home, but my husband had no power or water for a while too. I remember the power came back on a day before I got back home. I guess I was lucky! Some many trees down!
Yes, sadly Pele took a lot of places around here and a couple friends lost their homes too. It was really sad! Though a beautiful and powerful thing to witness for sure!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I am VERY new to this hobby (so, sorry in advance if I ask too many stupid questions )
I just bought a Biocube 16 and a few accessories/equipment.
I want to have a clownfish and maybe one or two more small fishes in the tank.
At this point I am quite frustrated though because I just learned we are very limited in what we can have/keep here in Hawaii (clearly I didn’t research enough ‍♀️), but anyways I guess I will have to get creative with what we have.
Thanks for letting me be part of the community and for all the knowledge you all share here. I have learned a lot already!!!

Welcome! Glad you joined

'Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can' - Arthur Ashe, tennis player

Likely those restrictions are intended to help everything overall, but there are still many options to be had and enjoyed. Keep us posted. I dream of getting back to Hawaii now that things are beginning to open up post-COVID.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

OP
OP
gc808

gc808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined

'Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can' - Arthur Ashe, tennis player

Likely those restrictions are intended to help everything overall, but there are still many options to be had and enjoyed. Keep us posted. I dream of getting back to Hawaii now that things are beginning to open up post-COVID.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
Thank you so much for the tips and link! :)))
I will definitely take lots of pictures and create my build thread when I start. So far I managed to put (fit) a skimmer in my biocube 16 even though I don’t even know if I need one lol. Now I am trying to learn as much as possible to get this thing started. Trying to choose rocks and how to put something nice together. Also have been reading about cycling and what would be the best (easier way to do it lol).
Hope you can come to Hawaii sometime soon! :) Thanks goodness it’s starting to get a little better here now - finally! Haha

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back