Alternative plant lights for the Eden

Tankman5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought an Eden X 80. I have not received the tank yet, but I wonder if anyone has tried alternative lighting to the AI Blade that the Eden is designed to use? Specifically, I would prefer the Fluval Plant 3.0 LED for its ease of use and because I already have one on another tank.

I tried discussing this with WB customer service, but they were very vague about any lights other than the AI blade. Saying “if it fits, it could work”.

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping to ask if you’ve gotten the tank, and if so what are your thoughts? Did you get the blade as well? Or does the plant 3.0 fit?

jrounding

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Probably a little late for you, but we bought a Waterbox Eden 40 Complete with the AI blade included and so far we are on the second light. They keep getting water in them and shorting out. I could see one maybe having a manufacturing defect, but two in a row having the exact same issue is a little much. We will be removing this light from the tank and replacing with a different one.

Albz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Probably a little late for you, but we bought a Waterbox Eden 40 Complete with the AI blade included and so far we are on the second light. They keep getting water in them and shorting out. I could see one maybe having a manufacturing defect, but two in a row having the exact same issue is a little much. We will be removing this light from the tank and replacing with a different one.
Hey planning to get the eden 40 also and was wondering did you figure out about the lighting?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back