Alternative to cleaner wrasse

juanmanuelsanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Sadly my cleaner wrasse (real not fake one) has become a serial killer. It's harrasing fish, killing some in the process. Now it's against my clownfish and that's enough.

I will take it out of the tank. The only thing that's keeping me from doing that its that I have a Achilles tang with some ich on it and the wrasse seems to releif him (I know it is not a treatment or anything or will help with ich itself) But I want a good alternative. So what's your opinion on that?

Thanks in advance.

907_Reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got turned on to a Melanurus when looking for a Sixline alternative. Gets along with everyone in the tank, active, we love the addition!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello everyone!

Sadly my cleaner wrasse (real not fake one) has become a serial killer. It's harrasing fish, killing some in the process. Now it's against my clownfish and that's enough.

I will take it out of the tank. The only thing that's keeping me from doing that its that I have a Achilles tang with some ich on it and the wrasse seems to releif him (I know it is not a treatment or anything or will help with ich itself) But I want a good alternative. So what's your opinion on that?

Thanks in advance.
Thats weird as Ive had mine 8 years and he is awesome (blue streak wrasse)
Others- cleaner shrimp and neon goby will clean fish

Last edited:

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Thanks in advance.
Do you have photos of your cleaner?
These are known for ticking off fish with their cleaning addiction but they don’t kill them normally.

OP
OP
juanmanuelsanchez

juanmanuelsanchez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post a video when I get the chance of him bullying the clownfish. He went after the new adittions not long ago and killed them.

The cleaner wrasse and the six line are the 2 psychopaths in my tank...

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Are you searching an alternative cleaner? Or a similarly shaped fish?

My pair of skunk cleaner shrimp do the same thing and wait for the fish to come to them at their cleaning station.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back