Alternatives to Raspberry pi Zero for Reef-pi

  • Thread starter Thread starter KonradTO
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I was in the same boat at the OP.

I found a couple of ways to get a pi at MSRP.

Watch this website (there are others as well):
https://rpilocator.com/?country=USThey have a Twitter feed also, which is easier to look into and gives some very good tips and alerts.

Go to a local Micro Center store. They usually have some models of Pi in stock.

I scored a 3B last week at Adafruit for $35.
 
I was in the same boat at the OP.

I found a couple of ways to get a pi at MSRP.

Watch this website (there are others as well):
https://rpilocator.com/?country=USThey have a Twitter feed also, which is easier to look into and gives some very good tips and alerts.

Go to a local Micro Center store. They usually have some models of Pi in stock.

I scored a 3B last week at Adafruit for $35.
All pis out of stock from all vendors. Go figure.
 
I have had no problem with getting pi 4 from Amazon pi4 2gig 125.0. I just bought a Le Potato from libre computers board AML-S905X-CC Libre Computer Board AML-S905X-CC (Le Potato) 2GB 64-bit Mini Computer for 4K Media https://a.co/d/7wuLzy2 for 40.00 and installed Armbain on it to run Octoprint server for my 3D printer. It supposedly supports Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Raspbian 11 64/32-bit the GPIO pin layout may be a little different and it doesn’t have built in Wi-Fi but for my applications that ok had an extra wi-fi dongle laying around. Also may want to check orange-pi.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new