Aluminium Removal

yepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I would like to know if Triton Detox will remove aluminium in water? i know that GFO can remove it but i really don't want to trip my po4 to 0 so i am thinking about Triton detox.
Thanks

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m pretty sure Triton has said for aluminum you need to either do water changes or GFO and that detox doesn’t work. How high is it? It may not be a big problem at low levels... maybe keep the GFO amount small and feed a bit more to compensate for po4 removal.

OP
OP
yepreef

yepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 131µg/l, my tank is 6 months old, i introduced some acan,sps and torch last week. Among those coral only Acan was closed up so i did triton test to make sure everything is right, look like my Aluminum is a problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
yepreef

yepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also my Li is extremely high at 396 µg/l, should i be concerned about Li :confused:

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think lithium at that level is too much of a concern... I’d be more concerned about the aluminum. Do you know where the aluminum is coming from? Are you using any aluminum based media?

I’d run GFO till it came down... just start with maybe 1/4 of directed amount for your tank, and make sure you keep feeding well. I’d also only be concerned about stripping phosphate to zero if it’s already very low.

OP
OP
yepreef

yepreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is pretty new tank with new equipment so i confidently exclude the rusted metal on equipment. I'm pretty sure it may comes from my salt mix (Bionic Salt) or may be from my ceramic bio media ( i read somewhere on this forum the debate about whether or not ceramic media can leach aluminium), beside of that i don't run or dose anything else. Pretty simple sump and i like to keep the least equipment as possible.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back