Aluminum in My Reef

BubbleAlgaeFarmer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2024
Messages
296
Reaction score
168
Location
Massachusetts
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently did an ICP test and aluminum was very high. I suspect my ceramic media could be the cause. Anyone have any issue with this particular brand? Also, what other sources should i be investigating?


20260720_145054_E7028222-8203-46CB-93A1-23F61D4E6405.png
 
Yup that ceramic media is your source. Remove and suck out the dust along with a large water change . It will
Come down right away.
 
I removed them. I did a water change last week and will do a couple more and the retest. I need to retest anyways since my doser was offline without me noticing. Always something in this obsession!
 
I think it is prudent to not use any white media, although it may take substantial aluminum to see detectable effects on most corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new