aluminum test kit

CenlaReefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2014
Messages
414
Reaction score
232
Location
Central Louisiana
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered lots of plates manufactured on behalf of an American company called "10 Strawberry." They are supposed to be stainless steel, yet they are nonmagnetic. The plates could be austenitic stainless steel, which is nonmagnetic because of the higher chromium and nickel composition. 10 Strawberry is supposed to get back to me after they contact the manufacturer in China, yet I do not trust the factory to be honest. When I rub the plates with a wet paper towel, it turns grey. That sure seems like aluminum. Does anyone know of an affordable and accurate aluminum test kit I can order?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new