Alveapora

  • Thread starter Thread starter sacora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sacora

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2026
Messages
33
Reaction score
18
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers, do I need to spot alveapora coral?
 
I suppose you are asking if you need to spot feed or target feed Alveopora spp. corals?

When you look for data on the internet you will find that under normal conditions corals cover 20 - 35% of their nutritional needs by heterotrophic feeding on zooplankton and particulate matter: https://www.researchgate.net/public..._plasticity_and_resilience_in_bleached_corals

So it makes sense to provide food to pretty much all corals. Some corals seem to be dealing better with not getting fed than others and apparently Alveopora is one of those corals most people recommend feeding 1 or 2 a week. I personally think it's better to feed more frequently but in smaller quantities because most organisms are used to a constant but small intake of food rather than sudden big chunks.
 
Hey reefers, do I need to spot alveapora coral?
I'd personally spot them.. I have no idea how much they could bench press personally......... But yes when I had alvepora back in the day they loved reef roids.. Every little thing helps.. In moderation of course..
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new