Alveopora question

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I stopped by an LFS and fell in love with an alveopora coral. Naturally when bagged it retreated into its skeleton. When I acclimated it I noticed similarities from its skeleton with the dead coral rock I found on the beach of Roatan. If I mount the live alveopora onto the dead one will the flesh graft onto it?

J1a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I stopped by an LFS and fell in love with an alveopora coral. Naturally when bagged it retreated into its skeleton. When I acclimated it I noticed similarities from its skeleton with the dead coral rock I found on the beach of Roatan. If I mount the live alveopora onto the dead one will the flesh graft onto it?
They can encrust on the rock. But I doubt it will grow flesh directly on the rock without laying down some skeleton.

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can encrust on the rock. But I doubt it will grow flesh directly on the rock without laying down some skeleton.
I was thinking the same thing but hoping the coral would settle into onto the rock. Guess I’ll just have to watch it grow lol.

J1a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same thing but hoping the coral would settle into onto the rock. Guess I’ll just have to watch it grow lol.
When they puff up, you will forget how small the frag is. A finger nail sized frag can extend to almost a tennis ball size.

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When they puff up, you will forget how small the frag is. A finger nail sized frag can extend to almost a tennis ball size.
Acclimated it yesterday and glad to see that it’s opening up and extending. I was told that Gonipora polyps extend far and that alveopora polyps are more of a short polyp. It’s currently extended to about 3/4 of an inch. I love flowing corals and this one doesn’t disappoint……so far.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back