Alveopora - Quick Demise

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Can those Alveopora ever check out quickly! One day pretty as can be, fully extended and the next - white skeleton with just one itty bitty dot of life. Had it for 6 months or so always did well. All other corals are fine and dandy. Only thing it might be is an M80 Purple Paly close to it, but it wasn't THAT close and never showed signs of being bothered. I've read those things have a rep for lulling you into a false sense of security and then boom...gone...moved out across town with the car and overdrawing my bank account as a thank you gift. Ummmm...sorry, bit of transference there.

Anyway...just posting on a lost coral. But man, was that ever blindlingly quick and with zero warning. Didn't know they could go like that!

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only ever lost gonis or alves to brown jelly overnight like that, but I do know they can be finnicky! So sorry you lost one!

LardLad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Can those Alveopora ever check out quickly! One day pretty as can be, fully extended and the next - white skeleton with just one itty bitty dot of life. Had it for 6 months or so always did well. All other corals are fine and dandy. Only thing it might be is an M80 Purple Paly close to it, but it wasn't THAT close and never showed signs of being bothered. I've read those things have a rep for lulling you into a false sense of security and then boom...gone...moved out across town with the car and overdrawing my bank account as a thank you gift. Ummmm...sorry, bit of transference there.

Anyway...just posting on a lost coral. But man, was that ever blindlingly quick and with zero warning. Didn't know they could go like that!
Any idea why? im asking because I have a bunch of them and are my favorite coral. I would be sad

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back