Am I cycled?

Shermie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I’m extremely new to the hobby and think I’m cycled but please give feedback…

I have a 36gal tank - I peaked ammonia then peaked nitrites with nitrates and the nitrites stayed stagnant for about 3 weeks at 5ppm and ammonia was 0 after the nitrites peaked even though I was dosing the tank every now and then. I just did a 50% water change and my nitrites are now 0 and ammonia is still 0. Nitrates are no longer detectable either. What does this mean? Been going at this since the beginning of January. Help a lady out!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! I’m extremely new to the hobby and think I’m cycled but please give feedback…

I have a 36gal tank - I peaked ammonia then peaked nitrites with nitrates and the nitrites stayed stagnant for about 3 weeks at 5ppm and ammonia was 0 after the nitrites peaked even though I was dosing the tank every now and then. I just did a 50% water change and my nitrites are now 0 and ammonia is still 0. Nitrates are no longer detectable either. What does this mean? Been going at this since the beginning of January. Help a lady out!
You are cycled, add livestock slowly.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Traditional cycle take about 4 weeks, you are almost double that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 55.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%
Back