Am I doing Dosing correctly?

namlessdude

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2024
Messages
180
Reaction score
107
Location
Manitoba
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you help me figure out whether I am dosing right?
I bought the 1+2+3+ aquaforest dosing jugs as my first attempt to dose my tank. I did the test and found that my tank is losing about 0.25dkh a day of alkalinity and about 6ppm calcium per day.
I raised thing to:
420ppm calc
8.1 pH
8.3 dkH

Then, i started dosing 45ml of each of the 3 containers on daily basis. Each element gets split across 3 dosing points in the day with an hour between each of the containers. For example, 1pm is 1+ container, 2pm is 2+, 3pm is 3+, then back to 4pm with 1+...

Is this schedule ok? And am I doing it right?
My parameters have been consistent for the past 3 days but closer to night time (around 3rd dose schedule) my zoas shrivel up. Not sure if they're sleeping or something is off.
 
I noticed browning on my nephthea corals and here's a pic of my closed zoa.
I turned off my dosing pump to get advice
 

Attachments

  • 20251010_194013.jpg
    20251010_194013.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20251010_194021.jpg
    20251010_194021.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20251010_194004.jpg
    20251010_194004.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 18
  • 20251010_194016.jpg
    20251010_194016.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 31

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new