Am i ripping myself off majorly here ?

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this coral in several tanks under metal halides, t5 w/reefbrites, and a few different led fixtures, it will look slightly different with lighting but its generally green/tan/brown base and branches, and the tips get blue/purple. It grows extremely fast and has been around a long time so its not rare, you have found a very nice lfs if they are giving you 200 for that. lol even ora lists it as being brown in the description
https://www.orafarm.com/product/tri-color-valida/

OP
OP
S

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here they are.. Not happy about the goniapora. It looked great in the store but i guess the arms were blocking its stony body. Not that its retracted i can see its half dead.

The orange fungia looks good though. Tentacles are already coming out after only 2 min in the tank.

Not sure what ima do about this gonoapora though i think ima call the store and say hey half its skeleton is dead and was hidden under the polyp extention in the store.

Guess for now all i can do is wait And maybe spot feed it.

20200925_170605.jpg
20200925_170148.jpg

OP
OP
S

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this coral in several tanks under metal halides, t5 w/reefbrites, and a few different led fixtures, it will look slightly different with lighting but its generally green/tan/brown base and branches, and the tips get blue/purple. It grows extremely fast and has been around a long time so its not rare, you have found a very nice lfs if they are giving you 200 for that. lol even ora lists it as being brown in the description
https://www.orafarm.com/product/tri-color-valida/

Its the size my friend. This one is bigger than a cantalope. Why does everything have to be strawberry yunicorn dingleberry named and finger tipped sized to be worth 200$ lol.

Also that tricolor looks nothing like mine.

This is what mine looks like and this is a tricolor btw. Where is the brown in this pic or my pic. You truely must be colorblind. Its more common than you think colorblindness
PurpleTricolorValida550x410B.jpg
own ?

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
because usually the strawberry yuincorn dingleberry tipped frag has way more color.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited by a moderator:

Randomwhiteguy89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every lfs I’ve ever dealt with has given me the same rates if not close to it 50% store credit or 25% cash I would say your getting a reasonable deal and like it was stated before if your trading something you don’t really want for something you do that’s all that counts don’t concern yourself with how much money he’s going to make he’s running a business that’s his job

Randomwhiteguy89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tip for future purchases when buying Goniopora or alveapora pretty sure I spelled that wrong lol ask your lfs if they can do a sweep by it with there hand or a light blow with a turkey baster so the polyps retract For you to see the base any descent lfs will have no problem doing this I have asked many times in the past and every time they have Obliged

OP
OP
S

SaltISlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tip for future purchases when buying Goniopora or alveapora pretty sure I spelled that wrong lol ask your lfs if they can do a sweep by it with there hand or a light blow with a turkey baster so the polyps retract For you to see the base any descent lfs will have no problem doing this I have asked many times in the past and every time they have Obliged

Thanks i didnt know that as ots my first goniapora. Hopefully itll recover. The skeleton looks white too so fresh loss. When i dipped it a small asterina starfish came off. So i wonder if it was eating it.

Well see.. i have yet to meet a coral i cant Keep in my tank. And with the 30 min its been in my tank its polyps are coming out now very slowely.

20200925_173636.jpg

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on new corals my friend! Hope the Goni recovers, I’ve had a few in bad shape that totally came back, so I think it’s a good chance it will recover. I’m no expert with Goni, or anything for that matter lol- but in my experience if the Goni is happy with water parameters and lighting/flow - they seem to heal Nicely.
Good luck - thanks for sharing the photos!

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A gentle reminder to please keep the thread on point. Any violation of the forum’s TOS will be edited or removed. Please keep the discussion civil.

REEF2REEF team

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back