OP
DakotaTheHutt

DakotaTheHutt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the plan is to add thicker foam, then I'm going to drill 2 holes in each crack(the large ones) and fill with weld on 40.
Hopefully this will work.
Any ideas for the crazing ? Just leave it ?

16029803630168758688670309364463.jpg

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry to much about the crazing but if it was my tank I’d add some sort of euro brace to the top. In my opinion that’s why it’s cracking. The sides are bowing out and putting stress on the joints. It may last forever like that or it may let go all of a sudden with one big CRACK! If it was braced you would’ve have anything to worry about then. When I build tanks, and I build a lot of them and big ones too. I always euro brace them. It’s what gives an acrylic tank it’s strength.

OP
OP
DakotaTheHutt

DakotaTheHutt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t worry to much about the crazing but if it was my tank I’d add some sort of euro brace to the top. In my opinion that’s why it’s cracking. The sides are bowing out and putting stress on the joints. It may last forever like that or it may let go all of a sudden with one big CRACK! If it was braced you would’ve have anything to worry about then. When I build tanks, and I build a lot of them and big ones too. I always euro brace them. It’s what gives an acrylic tank it’s strength.
Any tips on how to do this? Like a video or what not? Thanks!

OP
OP
DakotaTheHutt

DakotaTheHutt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really but it shouldn’t be to hard to make some sort of frame for the top to keep it from flexing and bowing which I’m sure is causing the fractures.
would 1/4 inch acrylic be enough? if not, I got to find an acrylic store somewhere. i think it may be ebcasue my aquarium walls are 1 inch thick

Back