Am I screwed ?

So the plan is to add thicker foam, then I'm going to drill 2 holes in each crack(the large ones) and fill with weld on 40.
Hopefully this will work.
Any ideas for the crazing ? Just leave it ?

16029803630168758688670309364463.jpg
 
I wouldn’t worry to much about the crazing but if it was my tank I’d add some sort of euro brace to the top. In my opinion that’s why it’s cracking. The sides are bowing out and putting stress on the joints. It may last forever like that or it may let go all of a sudden with one big CRACK! If it was braced you would’ve have anything to worry about then. When I build tanks, and I build a lot of them and big ones too. I always euro brace them. It’s what gives an acrylic tank it’s strength.
 
I wouldn’t worry to much about the crazing but if it was my tank I’d add some sort of euro brace to the top. In my opinion that’s why it’s cracking. The sides are bowing out and putting stress on the joints. It may last forever like that or it may let go all of a sudden with one big CRACK! If it was braced you would’ve have anything to worry about then. When I build tanks, and I build a lot of them and big ones too. I always euro brace them. It’s what gives an acrylic tank it’s strength.
Any tips on how to do this? Like a video or what not? Thanks!
 
Not really but it shouldn’t be to hard to make some sort of frame for the top to keep it from flexing and bowing which I’m sure is causing the fractures.
would 1/4 inch acrylic be enough? if not, I got to find an acrylic store somewhere. i think it may be ebcasue my aquarium walls are 1 inch thick
 
So far so good. Is it pretty? Meh, does it work? Hopefully!

20201019_185213.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new