Amazon ALEXA

Jackrmd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a week ago I set all of my wave makers up to a power strip then plugged the power strip into a wemo smart plug compatible with Alexa, I have my water level configured when power is off it won’t overflow .. makes feeding and target feeding so much easier anybody else try this? Any other uses you could think of? I never ventured into the “smart” aquarium but this has been awesome for me

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! My uncle did the exact same thing with his Alexa. Says he loves it :)
tumblr_p2gknvTv1K1rj7z7ro4_400.gif
#WelcometoR2R

cooltowncorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my skimmer and supplemental lights on cheap Wi-Fi plugs 18$ for two (Alexa enabled) set a schedule for both the plug app promises +- 30 seconds to real time it has not failed once had them running for a few months now. I will eventually move I to the the realm of a full controller but for now I can set a timer to the minute on off monitor power usage for 9 bucks a plug it's sweet. Also, I can set up either to turn back on or off in a set amount of time so it helps with dosing things that need the skimmer turned off like coral feeding and bacteria nothing takes more than 30 seconds on my phone to do as well. Really pleased.

Back