american dj sr p8

szalkaiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone

This is my first post, but I have been reading a lot of post for the past couple of weeks, since I am trying to set up my first reef pe build. Lot of great information. My question, that I can not find any info on is does anybody know of any alternative to american dj sr p8, as a relay switch power bar. I am in Europe and american dj is not sold here and I cant find any alternatives, also we have different plugs. I tried bagood and ebay no luck as of yet. Any help or idea is greatly appriciated, did look into the wifi ones (cant remember the name) but does are not sold either.

thank you for any help

Zoltan

NeonRabbit221B

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Much easier to build your own but takes some electrical knowledge and an enclosure. I would go through other peoples builds as many use alternatives. A kasa wifi which is on sale now and works with reef pi

The last option is a relay board here

You can also do individual kasa switches

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Much easier to build your own but takes some electrical knowledge and an enclosure. I would go through other peoples builds as many use alternatives. A kasa wifi which is on sale now and works with reef pi

The last option is a relay board here

You can also do individual kasa switches

He is in Europe the plug will need to be different

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kasa should have Europe options and the DJ outlet strip he is looking for is an american brand.

HS300 and HS105 are fantastic options either way. I hear you can also get current output through pH tab.
kasa has no EU plugs. Has US and Uk as fare as I know could be wrong but even my quick search confirms the same.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until you lose your wifi. ;)
There is a workaround for that. If PI provides the Wi-Fi to your kasa you are not relying on your router. As a network guy can come up a few more solutions. None of them are perfect though. The problem with Wi-Fi is the people except it to work. ;)

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kasa is the only option im aware of. This is a pain for south africa and australian reef-pi users as well :-/ .
The wifi issue is a legitimate risk, but remember pi can act as a hotspot, or you can run a internal mesh (google wifi for example). Kasa integration does not require internet. As long as local wifi is working, you are kosher

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a universal power bar, I've sent quite a few to places like South Africa and Australia. Take note however this isn't CE approved but is safe. :)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back