Amino Acids?

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three days straight? Way over kill. Were you dosing 1 cap to every 20 gallons. Ill dose twice a week.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My recommendation is at first once a week one cap to 20 gallons. After about 3 weeks 2 caps twice a week.

OP
OP
PaulKreider

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe i did rush a little bit on accident lol. I think i did two doses within 5 days, and 55gal i did 2 1/2 cap fulls twice in that 5 day period. Maybe once i siphon out this algae and give the tank a week or two too settle il try starting off slower! Thanks for the tip spspirate!

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose the Red Sea reef energy A and B. But I do not dose it everyday. I only dose it every 5 days. And I already feed way heavy for my fish and corals. I have never had an algae outbreak and my colors are really bright, nothing is pale in my tank.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds beautiful! One thing I do with extra cost but glad I do is I like to purchase a skimmer that is over kill for the system. This allows super saturation of oxygen in the water which helps stabilizes ph and also acts like a Dyson vacuum cleaner for the water. Big fan of gravity fed skimmers too.

honkit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am of the opinon that amino acids is only truly effective (better polyp extension and growth) if your tank is of a sufficiently nutrient-poor level.

Zack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds beautiful! One thing I do with extra cost but glad I do is I like to purchase a skimmer that is over kill for the system. This allows super saturation of oxygen in the water which helps stabilizes ph and also acts like a Dyson vacuum cleaner for the water. Big fan of gravity fed skimmers too.

Me too, I have a way oversized skimmer and my tank is doing great!

bavass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a low nutrient system and i dose Red Sea Energy A&B 8ml of each every night in my 55g after talk to Kevin at Red Sea. My colors are a little better but i can say that the PE is crazy when i do feed it. I always cut the skimmer off when i dose and once i cut skimmer back on it takes it out pretty quick. I dont like dosing anything i cant test for. With my corals starving i need to. I can't get nitrates above zero and thinking of dosing Sodium Nitrate. Some tanks are beautiful with only dosing the big 3 some just cant get it there and i am one

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

RavePartyReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a low nutrient system and i dose Red Sea Energy A&B 8ml of each every night in my 55g after talk to Kevin at Red Sea. My colors are a little better but i can say that the PE is crazy when i do feed it. I always cut the skimmer off when i dose and once i cut skimmer back on it takes it out pretty quick. I dont like dosing anything i cant test for. With my corals starving i need to. I can't get nitrates above zero and thinking of dosing Sodium Nitrate. Some tanks are beautiful with only dosing the big 3 some just cant get it there and i am one

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Wow, that's a lot of dosing. I am dosing 2ml of each 1 time per week, and am thinking about doing 1 ml of each twice per week instead.you dose 8ml every night? How long have you been dosing? I also have a low nutrient system, run a skimmer rated for 150gal on my 20 gal and was worried about excess nutrients with the dosage.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back