CAN_REEF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
How to dose amino acids and vitamins like RSAB+ Or Seachem Reef plus

Does skimmer remove trace/amino/vitamin additives if so what is best practice ...

I run skimmer 24/7 and it is connected to co2 scrubber no issues turning off for 30 min to 1 hr is that ok or is my skimmer going to remove them from water column.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always turn my pumps and skimmers off for about 30 minutes when dosing Red Sea ReefEnergy AB+, Reef Roids, etc. I let the water drop down in the display and keep the wavemakers going - that way everything gets mixed nicely and a chance to intake before the pumps turn back on.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not sweat it too much. Your coral loses a surface area battle with the stuff on the rocks, sand and other filtration to try and absorb some aminos, not to mention the many single cell organisms floating around in the water. Most of what you dose won't get to the corals anyway... the single cell organisms in the water column will probably get most of them. I don't know if straight aminos are able to be effectively skimmed anyway... certainly so after broken down. It also might depend on the particular amino. It won't hurt to turn the skimmer off, but don't do it if you might forget to turn it back on.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back